Cover art has been released for the Fourth Doctor classic The Sun Makers, which will be available on DVD from 1st August with an RRP of £20.42.
Starring Tom Baker as the Doctor and Louise Jameson as Leela, the adventure begins when the time travellers land on Pluto and discover the that Earth colony is built upon the shoulders of exploited workers paying too much tax.
Far in the distant future, Earth has become uninhabitable, forcing mankind to colonise first Mars, and then Pluto…
No longer the coldest planet in the Solar System, Pluto is now warmed by a series of artificial suns. But access to the sunlight is limited to a select few… The majority of the citizens of the vast Megropolis cities are being overworked and overtaxed by the ruling elite, led by the Gatherer, and the sinister Collector.
When the Doctor, Leela and K9 arrive they discover that all is not well on Pluto. The human population is being totally exploited, while deep in the Undercity, a small band of rebels seeks to overthrow the mysterious ‘Company’ that controls all aspects of everyday life.
As the situation gets more desperate, the Doctor is forced to fight the oppression of the evil corporate rulers of Pluto. And their taxes…!
To top it all off, The Sun Makers features a fantastic collection of extras:
- Commentary with actors Tom Baker, Louise Jameson and Michael Keating, director Pennant Roberts.
- Running from the Tax Man – a retrospective look at the making of the story and the science behind it. With actors Louise Jameson and Michael Keating, director Pennant Roberts, writer and historian Dominic Sandbrook and astronomer Marek Kukula.
- Trailer – the original BBC1 trailer for the story.
- The Doctor’s Composer – Part Two – the concluding part of the series looking at the career of prolific composer Dudley Simpson, covering his work on the show in the seventies.
- Photo Gallery – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
- Coming Soon – a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
- Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.
- Programme subtitles
- Subtitle Production Notes
Despite the RRP of £20.42, you can pre-order The Sun Makers on Amazon for just 12.93!