Faced with the prospect of chatting about a heckuva lot of Doctor Who news, Christian Cawley and James McLean cope admirably with the onslaught of interesting talking points with their usual irreverence and insight before getting stuck into the issue of time travelling attire in the classic and modern series.
With no Brian Terranova this time around, you’ll probably find that on this occasion his absence is almost unnoticed. After all, it’s a topic that he might have ended up dominating, what with his cosplay tendencies…
Listen out for lots of talk about Jon Pertwee’s waistcoat, Peter Capaldi’s real-life attire and Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch denying interest in each other’s shows. Oh and the recommendations are pretty good too!
Kasterborous PodKast Series 4 Episode 12 Shownotes
- Last week’s podKast – Rise vs Revenge of the Cybermen
- British Pathe newsreels uploaded to YouTube
- Jon Pertwee – Waistcoateer!
- Matt Smith says “no” to Sherlock
- Benedict Cumberbatch says “no” to Doctor Who
- Batman vs Judge Dredd
- Toby Hadoke’s Who’s Round
- Big Finish’s The Worlds of Doctor Who
- Kasterborous on Instagram
- Peter Capaldi dresses like the Doctor in real life – before he was cast!
- Peter Capaldi presents film on surrealist movement
- Craft BAFTA win for 50th anniversary shows
The Kasterborous PodKast theme tune is arranged by Russell Hugo. Theme tunes are cool. Meanwhile, the artwork you see above is Lee Sullivan’s superb “Usual Suspects”.
Listen to the PodKast
There are several ways to listen. In addition to the usual player above, we’re pleased to announce that you can also stream the podKast using Stitcher, an award-winning, free mobile app available for Android and iPhone/iPad. This pretty much means that you can listen to us anywhere without downloading – pretty neat, we think you’ll agree! (Note that it can take a few hours after a new podKast is published to “catch up”.)
What’s more, you can now listen and subscribe to the podKast via our Audioboo channel! Head to http://audioboo.fm/channel/doctorwhopodkast and click play to start listening. You can also comment and record your own boos in response to our discussions!
Meanwhile you can use the player below to listen through Audioboo:
You haven’t clicked play yet?! What are you waiting for? As well as our new Stitcher and Audioboo presence you can also use one of these amazingly convenient ways to download and enjoy this week’s podKast.
- Use the player in the top right of the Kasterborous home page, or visit the podKast menu link.
- Listen with the “pop out” player above, which also allows you to download the podKast to your computer.
- You can also take advantage of the RSS feed to subscribe to the podKast for your media player, and even find us on iTunes!