A full 50th anniversary collection is coming to DVD and Blu-ray in September!
It’s been long rumoured and everyone’s wanted to get their mitts on a prospect release, but it’s only now that the BBC has confirmed a special limited edition box set, which will be released 8th September 2014. The set will include:
- The Name of the Doctor
- The Night of the Doctor
- The Day of the Doctor
- The Time of the Doctor
- An Adventure in Space and Time
- The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
It’ll be the first time Mark Gatiss’ masterpiece, An Adventure in Space and Time, will be on Blu-ray in the UK, and the first time Peter Davison’s brilliant The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot is a physical release; previously, it was only available online and via the red button. The set will include various extras too:
- An exclusive cut of The Day of the Doctor readthrough;
- Deleted scenes, trailers, and the cinema introduction for The Day of the Doctor;
- Behind-the-scenes features on Name, Day, and Time of the Doctor as well as An Adventure in Space and Time;
- Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide (from BBC3);
- The Last Day minisode (a ‘prequel’ to Day);
- Tales from the TARDIS;
- Farewell to Matt Smith;
- The Science of Doctor Who;
- 2013 Doctor Who Prom.
Frankly, this is a dream boxset for many fans, not only celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who, but also Matt Smith’s exceptional era as the Eleventh Doctor.
On top of that, we’ll be getting the superb Science of Doctor Who, presented by Professor Brian Cox, which proved that the idea behind the Eye of Harmony (or at least, how it was portrayed in Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS) is a possibility! The Prom, too, was chilling and commemorative. Well done to all involved on those fronts. The show really did take over TV!
Everyone will be after this set, but there’ll only be 6,000 units on Blu-ray and 4,000 units on DVD. Time for a pre-order? The DVD is available from the BBCShop, priced £28.99, and the Blu-ray is priced £31.99.
The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Collection is released on 8 September 2014.